Saturday, April 30, 2011


Before we started studying in the EDHEC Business School in Nice we had some readings to do. On Tuesday we ‎met professor in the University and went to the lecture. It was funny to notice that how different ‎was the class room and how different was the way how professor was teaching. Professor had so ‎much energy and he was funny that it didn’t feel so hard to be in classroom for hours. First day ‎professor was teaching about there isn’t applied science what will teach you how you will be ‎entrepreneur. It is just something what starts from you, and from your own ideas. Also just the ‎classroom was different, they were using just PowerPoint in teaching. It was also nice to get to ‎know the MBa students, and hear what they were thinking about teaching and about teachers. I think I can say that the first days were very mind opening. After classes we all ‎relaxed in the center, what was nice after long hours in classroom. ‎

Thursday we had again lecturer who had some good points about entrepreneurship. He was telling ‎about entrepreneurs who are succeeded well in their business. I think everyone can learn ‎something from people who has done something right in their business careers and as an ‎entrepreneur. What is also different from Finnish school system is the lunch break. Every day we ‎had lunch break what was about 1,5 hours or even two hours. Also the school days were longer till ‎six or seven in the evening. So again after school we were going to the center to listen either jazz ‎or just hangout. About Nice, I didn`t know that there is so good places where you can listen live ‎music. I really liked the atmosphere what was in Nice generally. ‎
On Friday we were again learning new things. I think there was so much information in few days ‎that it was hard to remember and take in all. Anyway some of us went to visit in Monaco Monte ‎Carlo. I didn’t go because I was there before the camp started. But I think Monte Carlo is one of ‎the best and beautiful places where I have ever been. From Nice it is easy to go to Monte Carlo ‎because the train takes just 20 minutes and you can see beautiful sights from there. ‎

Last day of the camp



Saturday was our last day in Entrepreneurship camp. We were in school at 9 in the morning and ‎then we had to represent our business plans. There was 3 business angels and our professor (very ‎smart people) listening our ideas. It was very nice to hear what they were thinking about our ‎ideas. Because when you get comments you can develop your business plan more and maybe you ‎can fix the problems what you might have in your business plan, At least I understood that I didn`t ‎share enough information in my presentation, and that`s why they didn`t quite understood the ‎idea. So for me that time with those people was very effective. Thao get very good comments ‎about her business idea and I think that it encourages the rest of us to develop more our business ‎plans.

Anyway the week in Nice went very fast because we were in school every day from 9 till 7 ‎in the evening, so we didn`t have much free time. It was also interesting to meet other MBA ‎students and see how they study and how different it is compared to Finland.

Teachers in that ‎camp were excellent. I think that camp gave us all more innovation and more business sense. I am ‎very happy that I was part of the camp and I would love to go again! Anyway Nice is great place to ‎study and visit and I will miss our new friendships what we made in the school and other places :)‎

by Anna-Maria Peltonen

No comments:

Post a Comment